Friday, October 19, 2007

The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis)


I ran across this quote from The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis this morning and forgot how much I love C.S. Lewis. He had made such an impact on me in my early walk. For those who have not read The Screwtape Letters, I highly recommend it. The fictional book gives great insight on spiritual warfare, and is played out through the correspondence between two demons plotting against the salvation of a certain individual. Anyway, here is a section of one of the demon's letters:
"Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our enemy's [God's] will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys." - C.S. Lewis

I couldn't help but be reminded of Jesus on the cross: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

2 comments:

D said...

I copied your blog word for word and put it on mine. I really like that quote and pray I will always seek His will. Thanks man that is a great blog entry!

m@77#&w 13. said...

i love it...good times...let's talk in real life and not just blog world...i should probably call you back...